Ever heard of ‘bibliotherapy?’
I’ve been a practitioner for years, but I never heard this fancy word until recently.
Bibliotherapy is an academic term used to describe the amazingly beneficial (and very delightful!) mind/body reactions that occur from reading erotic romantic literature. In fact, sex therapists are advising their female patients to get busy and start reading erotic romance! YAY!
Pamela Madsen wrote a terrific post about ‘bibliotherapy’ at her blog, The Fertility Advocate. She sites a scientific study that says 30-45 minutes of reading erotic literature causes a chemical reaction in the female brain, resulting in increased arousal.
I LOVE reading romantic erotica for the pure and simple joy it provides me – and because it works fast and is reliable! Women are turned on by “emotional stimulation.” Men are aroused by what they see, women by what they feel. The right stuff will get you so worked up you’ll need to keep a high powered fan handy!
FIVE HOT REASONS why women (and men!) should read erotic romantic literature:
1. Bring your sexy back NOW! Reading sensational romantic erotica engages the entire body, mind and soul. It puts sex front and center! You’ll soon forget your role of mother, wife, employer, or employee and shift into your sexy, juicy, adventurous self.
Reading a satisfying love scene stirs a woman’s emotions, which are directly linked to her libido; so grab yourself an aphrodisiac ‘erotic story’ cocktail and enjoy some sensational emotional foreplay!
2. Heighten sexual pleasure with FANTASY! Of course you’re not going to engage in a three or four or five-way or have sex in a public place (or are you?). However, reading about such outrageous behavior is a terrific way to stir up all sorts of newfound naughtiness in the bedroom!
Exploring fantasies vicariously will elevate your pleasure and your partner’s too. Use these stories to create or expand a zone of permission, fun and lightness while learning to share and experience sensuality and pleasure on a deeper, more primal level.
3. I didn’t know THAT! My favorite authors have done their homework. These smart gals provide wonderful insights to healthy sexual communication between partners. They also know how the female lizard brain works and have no problem taking us there.
If you’re wondering what might make you happy and really, really satisfied – there’s nothing like an erotic romantic story to give you some delicious new ideas you’ll want to try at home – right away!
4. Because it feels GOOD! For you fact-driven darlings:
Psychology Today states that women who read romance novels make love with their partners 74% more often than women who don’t. And according to The Journal of Sex Research, when women fantasize frequently (as they do when they read erotic novels), they have sex more often, have more fun in bed, and engage in a wider variety of erotic activities.
Let’s not forget all those sensational physical benefits from multiple orgasms – they reduce stress, relieve pain, improve memory, and burn calories!
5. Happy Ever After! Tired of reading The Economist and other stuff that leaves you feeling slightly depressed and perpetually exhausted? Pick up a romantic erotica story!
While dodging bullets, saving the world, and having sinfully steamy adventures… you’ll always have a happy ending. This might seem like hedonist escapism – because it is! The psychological benefits are real and valuable, and the emotional gratification you receive will spill into your own relationship.
The most amazing thing happens when you practice bibliotherapy!
As Dr. Laura Berman states: “Erotic reading is an excellent way to get your sensual juices flowing. It puts sex squarely on your brain and gives the imagination a boost, too. It’s perfect for getting in the mood before sex (with yourself or your partner).”
What To-do List? What project? What kids? Leave it all behind! Begin practicing bibliotherapy and start reading the steamiest, most blush-inducing erotic romantic literature you can find, and as often as possible. Tune in, turn on… and experience a more intimate and satisfying sexual relationship with your lover and yourself!
Where to find the best erotic romantic literature:
There are thousands of erotic romantic books, but the really TERRIFIC ones are far fewer and hard to find precisely because there are so many duds.
Bring Back Desire has put together an exciting selection of the best erotic romantic literature. When you find a story you like, just click on the book cover… which will link you to Amazon’s store… where you can buy these stories with complete privacy.